The Lapkit is a low cost laparoscopic simulator that uses your mobile phone or tablet to improve surgical skills.
How does it work?
Using special makers & the camera on a mobile or tablet, we track the position of surgical instruments inside the LapKit and provide an simulation using the accompanying mobile application.
- The full LapKit hardware package includes: a set of laparoscopic instruments, a training box. Works with iOS & Android tablets and smartphones via our accompanying mobile application.
- Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery: Work through training exercises designed to teach all the skills necessary to pass the Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery Manual Skills tasks.
- Realistic simulation: Initially, we will be bundling a realistic appendectomy simulation with the mobile application. Additional simulations will be available via in-app purchases.
- Performance based metrics, showing your progress and how to improve.
- Trainees: Objectively track performance scores from LapKit to monitor and demonstrate your skills progression. Beat your personal best. Compete with fellow trainees. Lapkit is a simulator that is available to you 24/7
- Students: Prepare for the operating theatre and stand out from your peers by learning basic laparoscopic skills.
iOS & Android smartphones